You guys know those evenings when all that you want to do is lounge on the chaise lounge all curled up in your softest duvet and all that you want to do is eat an entire bowl of buttercream? Well – boy-oh-boy but do I have the perfect recipe for you!
Here is what you will need:
Unsalted Butter (2 sticks)
Powdered Sugar (6-8 cups)
Vanilla Extract (2 Teaspoons)
Milk (1/2 Cup)
Now – here is what you are going to do with all of that junk:
- Make sure that your butter is softened. An easy way to do this is to just put the butter on a plate on the counter while you are gathering everything else up – it will do all of the work for you!
- Put the butter into your stand mixer (everyone has a stand mixer – right?) and – using the paddle mixing attachment (not the whippy whisk one) start mixing the butter up – about on Medium – or so.
- Add the Vanilla
- Alright – here is where the magic starts to happen. Add 1 Cup of the Sugar and then a splash of Milk – going back and forth – like that – until you have added 3 cups of Sugar.
- The recipe calls for between 6-8 Cups of Sugar . . . and I am telling you that you would be bonkers to use that much. So proceed with caution . . . because you are venturing into sweet sweet territories . . .
- Keep going with the Sugar and the Milk – until all of the Milk is gone – and start really tasting as you go. I think that the last time that we made this – we ended up using somewhere around 5 Cups of Sugar. The first time – I went to about 7 – I lost 5 (five) years on my teeth that day . . .
You are so – so – so done! Way to go . . . now go light some candles – put on some muzak- and eat until you get jittery.